Its been awhile...

Hey, strangers who read my blog! How are you doing?
It's been a while and what have I been up to? What have you been up to yourself? 

June/July 2019 I became a Resident Advisor at my university and moved onto campus. It was surprisingly hard the first few weeks as I got used to the new environment and living in a noisy area I didn't sleep properly for weeks, but I eventually got used to it and enjoyed the benefit of being so close to work and university. I have really flourished in the last 9 months of being here since I have moved, I passed all of my university subjects for the first time in a year and transitioned into being a RA again this year in 2020. 2020 has been a very interesting year, to say the least, but I'm just trying to take it all in my stride and build some positive things around myself that I can despite what is going on around me. I'm surrounded by great friends and roommates as well as a great job :) 

I have had this draft in my edit since 2019 with a touch of edits here and there in 2020. The last 3 years have been a whirlwind of change, tears, triumphs and downfalls at times. I broke up with my long term boyfriend towards the end of 2020 which was a long time coming but was still a bit of a transition and some tears were shed, I finished up being a RA in Feb 2021 and jumped into living alone in a granny flat next to a family, found it wasn't really for me as I was quite far from friends and the town I've gotten used to the last few years so I decided to move back into a sharehouse in my old area. Unfortunately, these new roommates and I didn't have much in common so we weren't close which got hard with lockdowns as we only had each other at times and then I got new roommates at the start of this year, one of them was quite a bit negative and toxic as I got to know them over the few months I was there so I decided to move back home so I can save up for my own little place and save to see family back in my home country this year too. 

It's been a hard few years with a lot of tears at times but there has also been a lot of happiness and growth in this too. I started my first full-time adult job which has offered me so much freedom and flexibility with my money, I've been on little holidays 3 times this year so far which has been so nice, last year I was struggling to work 3 jobs at one point in that year and had very little money to spend on myself- I was basically surviving week by week and felt very isolated and alone due to Covid and lockdowns which was a really hard time. I look back and am grateful for what I have been through and the lessons I have learnt from it all as there is something to learn through those bad living situations and bad jobs, it has taught me what I will and won't accept in my living space and in the place I spend my working hours in and has made me grateful for the man I now have as my partner in life who became my partner in life. 

animation art GIF by David Koblesky

Comments

Popular Posts